K-12 Regional Treaty Education Training Sessions
April 1, 2016 – March 31, 2017
There is no fee. Please note that teachers are responsible for securing their own travel costs and substitute costs to attend the sessions. A full agenda will be forwarded with registration confirmation. If you do not receive a confirmation email please contact our office at 1-204-777-1871.
No onsite registration will be accepted.
If you do not receive confirmation of registration prior to the session, please contact our office to ensure your registration has been received or contact Amanda Simard directly email@example.com or 204 774-7839.
Target Audience: Priority given to Grades K-12 teachers who plan on implementing the Treaties and the Treaty Relationship: Teacher Guides for grade K-12 in their classrooms over the 2016-2017 school year. 30 spots will be saved for host divisions and 20 spots will be available for teachers from surrounding divisions that wish to attend. Please register early to secure a seat. Please register early.
Workshop participants will receive:
- Two (2) days of Treaty education training;
- One (1) teacher will receive one (1) Treaty Education Kit, free of charge, for a maximum of three kits per school. Kits include:
- K-6 or 7-12 Teacher Guides,
- Treaty Education Year at a Glance wall charts for Grades K-6 or 7-12,
- Plus a variety of other Treaty education learning resources.
- Teachers are encouraged to bring laptop if possible.
The Treaty Education Kit is intended to be shared among teachers within the school and is to be stored in the school library.
A TRCM Certificate of Completion will be awarded to those who complete the full two-day training event. Resource people will include Elders, and TRCM staff.
Training sessions for 2016-2017 fiscal year are:
Quarter Four (January – March 2017):
9. COMPLETE -January 23 & 24, 2017 Regional Treaty Education Training – K-12 FRENCH Location: MTS Building, 191 Harcourt Street, WPG. MB.
10. March 2 & 3, 2017 Regional Treaty Education Training K-12 Hosted by Western School Division. Location: Western School Division Board Office, Mordan, MB.
11. March 8 & 9, 2017 – Northern Regional Treaty Education Training: School District of Mystery Lake, Board Office 408 Thompson Drive N. Thompson, MB.
12. March 15 & 16, 2017 – First Nation Education Directors Treaty Education Session, Canad Inns Garden City, Winnipeg, MB.
Quarter One (April – June 2016):
1. COMPLETE May 3 & 4, 2016, hosted by Red River Valley SD. Location: Sugar Shack in St. Pierre, MB.
2. COMPLETE May 12 & 13, 2016 , Peguis Central School, Peguis First Nation (PILOT) – Closed to Peguis Central School Staff
3. COMPLETE May 24 & 25, 2016, hosted by Sunrise SD. Location: Sandy Saulteaux Centre, Beausejour, MB.
Quarter Two (July- September 2016):
4. COMPLETE August 17 & 18, 2016 TEI Summer Institute, Lower Fort Garry Historical Site
5. COMPLETE September 19, 2016 Manitoba First Nation Leadership/Education Directors, Brandon Friendship Centre, Brandon MB.
6. COMPLETE September 26 & 27,2016 Swan Valley School Division, Divisional Training – closed to SVSD Staff
Quarter Three (October – December 2016):
CANCELED – October 6 & 7, 2016, hosted by Garden Valley SD. Location: Garden Valley Collegiate, 736 Main Street Winkler, MB
7. COMPLETE– November 17 & 18, 2016, hosted by Prairie Rose SD. Location: Carman United Church, 142-1st Street S. W. , Carman, Manitoba
8. COMPLETE – December 6 & 7, 2016, Catalyst Teachers and School Administrators training, Day Winnipeg, MB.