K-12 Treaty Education Training Sessions
April 1, 2018 – March 31, 2019
ONLINE REGISTRATION NOW OPEN:
There is no fee. Please note that teachers are responsible for securing their own travel costs and substitute costs to attend the sessions. A full agenda will be forwarded with registration confirmation.
FOR THE SUMMER INSTITUTE PARTICIPANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO CAMP ONSITE AT MILE 20.
No onsite registration will be accepted.
If you do not receive confirmation of registration please send email to email@example.com or call 204-770-0881. Confirmation of registration will be sent out prior to the session.
Priority given to Grades K-12 teachers who plan on implementing the Treaties and the Treaty Relationship: Teacher Guides for Grade K-12 in their classrooms. Please register early to secure a seat.
Workshop participants will receive:
- Two (2) days of Treaty education training;
- One (1) teacher will receive one (1) Treaty Education Kit, free of charge, for a maximum of (3) three kits per school. Kits include:
- K-6 and/or 7-12 Teacher Guides,
- Treaty Education Year at a Glance wall charts for Grades K-6 and/or 7-12,
- Plus a variety of other Treaty education learning resources.
- Teachers are encouraged to bring laptop if possible.
The Treaty Education Kit is intended to be shared among teachers within the school and is to be stored in the school library.
A TRCM Certificate of Completion will be awarded to those who complete the full two-day training event. Resource people will include Elders and TRCM staff.
Treaty Education Training Sessions for 2018-2019:
- Northern Summer Institute – August 21, 22 & 23, 2018