K-12 Treaty Education Training Sessions
April 1, 2017 – March 31, 2018
ONLINE REGISTRATION NOW OPEN:
There is no fee. Please note that teachers are responsible for securing their own travel costs and substitute costs to attend the sessions. A full agenda will be forwarded with registration confirmation.
No onsite registration will be accepted.
If you do not receive confirmation of registration please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 204-770-0881. Confirmation of registration will be sent out prior to the session.
Priority given to Grades K-12 teachers who plan on implementing the Treaties and the Treaty Relationship: Teacher Guides for grade K-12 in their classrooms. Please register early to secure a seat.
Workshop participants will receive:
- Two (2) days of Treaty education training;
- One (1) teacher will receive one (1) Treaty Education Kit, free of charge, for a maximum of (3) three kits per school. Kits include:
- K-6 and/or 7-12 Teacher Guides,
- Treaty Education Year at a Glance wall charts for Grades K-6 and/or 7-12,
- Plus a variety of other Treaty education learning resources.
- Teachers are encouraged to bring laptop if possible.
The Treaty Education Kit is intended to be shared among teachers within the school and is to be stored in the school library.
A TRCM Certificate of Completion will be awarded to those who complete the full two-day training event. Resource people will include Elders, and TRCM staff.
Confirmed Regional/Divisional Treaty Education Training Sessions for 2017-2018 Fiscal Year:
- May 8 & 9, 2017 – Hosted by Seine River School Division COMPLETE
- May 30 & 31, 2017 – Hosted by School District of Mystery Lake COMPLETE
- August 15, 16 & 17, 2017 – TEI Summer Institute COMPLETE
- August 24 & 25, 2017 – O-Chi-Chak-Ko-Sipi First Nation (DONALD AHMO SCHOOL STAFF ONLY) – COMPLETE
- September 5, 2017 – Westview School, Rivereast Transcona SD – COMPLETE
- October 2 – Westview School, Rivereast Transcona SD
- October 26 & 27, 2017 – Divisional Treaty Education Training – (Portage la Prairie, Lord Selkirk and Sunrise SDs Only)
- November 1 & 2, 2017 – River East Transcona School Division K-5 (RETSD Only)
- November 13 & 14, 2017, 2017 First Nation School – Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation (NCN School Staff)
- November 29 & 30, 2017 – River East Transcona School Division 6-12 (RETSD Only)
- December 5 & 6, School Administrators, Winnipeg MB.
- February 26 & 27, 2017, 2018 French Language Teacher Training
Treaty Education Initiative Training Dates (Exact Date and Location To Be Confirmed)
- Catalyst/Consultants Teacher Training – January 2018