During this unprecedented time of uncertainty, the Treaty Education team would like to take a moment to thank all educators, administrators, and support staff who are rising to the challenge and offering their programs via distance learning. It’s not easy to leave your classrooms, your students, and your colleagues. We completely understand. Out team continues to monitor the situation surrounding COVID-19 and are making decisions about programming based on new information from our public health officials.
As we complete the sixth week of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Treaty Relations Commission of Manitoba offices remain closed and our staff is working from home. Like you, we are waiting for news from the federal and provincial governments about next-steps and safe practices. But in the meantime, we are continuing to developing new resources to keep Treaty Education a part of the distance education.
Treaty Education has entered its tenth year in Manitoba and we are very excited to further grow our teaching and learning materials and expand our outreach. We have a few exciting things to update you:
- Our office has moved, with the exception of the Treaty Education Office. As you know, we were previously located at 175 Hargrave Street in Winnipeg. We have moved to 300-300 Alpine Way in Headingly, MB (just outside of Winnipeg city limits). Please come for a visit. (once we are able!) The Treaty Education Office is still located at 472 Madison Street.
- We have dropped the ‘I’. For the past decade we have been known as the Treaty Education Initiative. We no longer consider ourselves an upstart. Thanks in no small part to your work with your students, we are an integral part of the educational landscape in Manitoba; Treaty Education K-12 is what we will be referring to the program;
- Manitoba Education and Training has made a five year commitment to financially support Treaty Education Implementation; we are just finishing up year 1;
- With a pause in Treaty Education in-person training, we are using our time to further develop online learning activities as well as professional development for teachers. Please keep checking our website and our social media platforms for updates. We are reachable by telephone and email;
- The annual Treaty Education evaluation tool will be completed electronically this year. The feedback we receive annually allows our team to monitor, track and internally assess Treaty Education and prepare for future training practices and resource development.
We hope that you would participate in the survey by clicking on the form below. Teachers if you could share the student link with your students, we would so appreciate your assistance as we garner student Treaty knowledge and comprehension. A full report will be submitted to Manitoba Education and Training by July 31, 2020.
|Teacher Survey:||Student Survey:|
|Submit Teacher Survey Now||Submit Student Evaluation Now|
On behalf of the Treaty Education team, Connie Wyatt Anderson, Cynthia Bird, and Brittany Thomas, I would like to thank all of you for your continued support of and belief in Treaty Education. We can’t do what we do without you. We are all in this together. Thank you.